Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Farewell Lullaby

by: Joey Bidan

I. Sing to me a love song, Oh Goddess of the sea!
As I lay serene in your arms like eternity.
Sing to me, Oh sing to me so gentle and sweet,
That I may never ever breathe without it.

How you smile and stare like an angel above me,
You make me ask no more---you're love that sets us free.
How you made your eyes shine beneathe the silent sky,
You clenched my heart contented as you sang your lullaby.

II. Sing to me my Goddess, like you were never gone!
You're far beyond my reach, now that I am alone.
Sing to me, Oh sing to me your love bittersweet,
Now that I'm losing my breathe without it.

The sun sets majestic by the ocean of tears,
By the shore where your voice shall never fade for years.
By the grass where I'm dying to hear it once more,
The park where I lay serene in your arms before.

III. Sing to me my Goddess, just one last lullaby,
The song that wounds my heart; the pain of your goodbye.
Sing to me my angel to mend us once more
or should it really be farewell forevermore?


No comments:

Post a Comment